- Closing Date: 9am on Thursday 5th October 2023
- Salary: £21,968 - £24,054 per annum pro rata (actual starting salary £3,830 per annum.)
- Start Date: ASAP
- Contract: 7.5 hours (1 day) per week, Term Time only
NOTRE DAME HIGH SCHOOL
11-18 Mixed Catholic Comprehensive School
FULWOOD ROAD, SHEFFIELD, S10 3BT
Tel: 0114 2302536
We are looking to appoint to the following post to start as soon as possible:
Science Technician (permanent)
7.5 hours (1 day) per week, Term Time only
£21,968 – £24,054 per annum pro rata
Actual starting salary £3,830 per annum.
The Science Department is located to the front of the main school building, its prominent position reflecting its high profile in the school. Four Technicians provide support for seventeen teachers working in accommodation which comprises thirteen laboratories, offices, a staff work room and prep rooms.
The role of a technician varies from day to day and tasks include:
- Assisting with the distribution of chemicals, equipment and paper work within the Science Department.
- Preparing experiments, including making solutions and assembling apparatus.
- Ensuring that equipment is kept clean and in good condition and maintaining stock levels in laboratories.
- Trialling experiments and providing technical support to teachers.
Notre Dame is a Catholic school with a strong ethos at its heart. All staff are expected to uphold and contribute to the ethos of the school, which is what makes it a special place to work.
We are particularly keen to reflect the diverse nature of our student community in our staff; we welcome applications from all qualified applicants and strongly believe that diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact to our whole school community.
For further details and an application pack please visit our website: www.notredame-high.co.uk or telephone the school. Please return your application form and Consent to Obtain References form to email@example.com
Closing date: 9am on Thursday 5th October 2023
Interview date: Thursday 12th October 2023
Notre Dame High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. In addition, this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a self-disclosure is required for applicants shortlisted for interview.