- Closing Date: Friday 24th February 2023
- Salary: £25,878 - £28,371 pro rata
- Start Date: ASAP
- Contract: 37 hours per week Mon-Fri for 39 weeks per year (temporary until July 2023 in the first instance)
St Wilfrid’s Primary School
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN OUR WONDERFUL SCHOOL
Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Required ASAP (temporary until July 2023 in the first instance)
Salary: £25,878 – £28,371 pro rata
Hours: 37 hours per week Mon-Fri for 39 weeks per year
St Wilfrid’s Primary School is set in the South-West of Sheffield, situated just three miles from both the city centre and the Peak District national park. The school is set in extensive grounds with large playing fields and woodland, which provides an excellent learning environment. Check out our website for more information about the school.
We will offer you:
- An exciting opportunity to work in a school with a strong Catholic ethos.
- Wonderful children who enjoy learning at our school.
- Talented, supportive and innovative staff.
- Opportunities to develop professionally.
The Governors require an outstanding HLTA with the following skills/attributes:
- Excellent planning, organisational skills.
- A strong understanding of effective pedagogical approaches.
- A consistently positive mind-set and approach.
- Strong subject knowledge in mathematics and English.
- Confidence leading whole class sessions.
- Highly flexible given that the role will vary day to day.
- Excellent communication skills with adults and children.
- A commitment to positive behaviour management.
- A genuine team player.
The Governors of St Wilfrid’s Catholic Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The applicants will undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers. The role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS certificate. The role is engaged in regulated activity and will therefore require a children’s barred list check. Shortlisted applicants will be required to complete a self-disclosure.