- Closing Date: 5pm on Friday 17th March
- Salary: NJC Points 5 - 10
- Contract: Permanent
Do you see yourself joining a growing central finance team as a Finance Assistant, supporting our primary and secondary colleagues with day to day financial management activities as well as upcoming and exciting projects?
St Clare Catholic Multi Academy Trust is currently seeking a Finance Assistant to join our small but growing central finance team.
With an understanding of basic accounting principles, practice and terminology and transaction processing experience, this is an exciting opportunity for you to join us at this early stage in our development.
We can offer career development opportunities as we grow, flexible working arrangement and on-going access to training and development.
What you will be doing:
- Prepare and posting cashbook entries.
- Processing purchase and sales ledger entries
- Processing and reconciling staff expenses.
- Monitoring and managing the central finance mailboxes.
- Respond to, and resolve queries, taking action as appropriate and identify any preventative measures.
- Supporting your line manager and team members.
- Prioritise workloads.
- Ensure that agreed timescales are adhered to.
What you’ll bring:
- Understanding of basic accounting principles, practice and terminology.
- Ability to work in an organised and methodical manner
- Enthusiasm and personal drive.
It would be great if you had:
- Willingness to obtain and/or enhance qualifications and training in post
- Experience of working in a public sector organisation e.g. Academy/Schools, Local Authority, NHS
- Understanding of our aims and objectives.
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Although this role is advertised as being part-time to full-time, we believe that flexibility at work can promote work/life balance, increase your motivation, reduce stress and improve performance and productivity. We support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you’re interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 17th March. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date. Interviews will be held online on Wednesday 22nd March.
For an application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are particularly keen to reflect the diverse nature of our student community in our staff; we welcome applications from all qualified applicants and strongly believe that diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact to our whole school community.
St Clare CMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. In addition, this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a self-disclosure is required for applicants shortlisted for interview.